Thursday, 13 November 2008
2009 Guanlan International Print Biennial
2009 Guanlan International Print Biennial
The First Guanlan International Print Biennial in 2007 was a great success which has been highly praised by both Chinese and foreign artists. This is what was written in the invite I received to submit for the forthcoming exhibition deadline of Jan 31st 2009
If you click on to the website you can see some example of absolutely wonderful and exquisite printmaking by international artists. The site is well worth a look.
I have just revisited the website and actually found it nigh on impossible to find my way around although the details for submission etc are on this page
Some images from the 2007 show are featured here.
Organizers: China Artists Association
Shenzhen Federation of Literary and Art Circles
Shenzhen Bao'an District People's Government
Conductors: China Artists Association – Artistic Commission on Print Arts
China·Guanlan Print Original Industry Base
Exhibition Place: Guanlan Museum, Shenzhen, China
Exhibition Period: May 14, 2009-July 14, 2009
Number of Works: about 200 pieces
Application: Artists from all over the world could submit works.
Artists who take part in should fill out the registration form and send us 1-2
Works created within the past two years. The works should not have been shown in this kind of international print exhibition. Chinese artists should send us the digital image of the work first while foreign artists send us actual works directly.
This Biennial will issue 15 “Guanlan International Print Prizes. The prized works will be selected by jury committee and collected by the organizing committee with offering collection certificate and prize certificate and 20 thousand RMB.
Artists who’s works was selected for the exhibition will receive a participating certificate, one catalog of biennial works and an exhibition activity CD.
The organizing committee will invite the prize winners to participate the opening ceremony and academic forum and responsible for the accommodation. The committee accepts donation, and collection a part of works.
Regulations for Participants:
1. Submitted works of each artist are limited to 1 or 2 original work of print created in the recent two years in the exhibition. The works should have never been show in this kind of international print exhibition. All print techniques will be accepted. The works shall have signature and do not need to be mounted.
2. The size of the largest for the submitted works is 100×100cm and the smallest is 30×30cm. A set of work consist of two or three separate formats (such as triptych) also cannot surpass this limit.
3. Based on the need of education, promotion and publicity, the organizers have the image copy rights such as the photography of the submitted works, publication and developing souvenirs and can publish works in related media and network for long term.
4. In order to convenience operation, artists please fill in the participation form seriously, print the form is needed, at least please write clearly, especially about the name, address and email. Don’t forget submit art resume and personal picture.
5. Works should be packed in sturdy tube or thick flat boards before being posted. They shall be delivered within the prescribed time. Those works come beyond the time limit will not be handled.
6. The expenses, insurance, taxes and related responsibilities generated in work delivery will be born by the participation artists; the expenses for returned works will be born by the organizers.
7. During the period between the receipt of the works and the return of the works, the organizers are responsible for their insurance. But the organizers will not be responsible for compensation for the damages or losses caused by force majeure.
8. All the works will be returned within three months after the completion of the Exhibition, except the prized and donated and collected works.
9. The Organizing Committee has the sole right to the interpretation of all items of this Biennial.
August 20, 2008: Release the bidding for participation and begin to receiving submitted works
January 31, 2009: End for receiving the submitted works for preliminary selection, (contribution date is according to local postmark)
April 15, 2009: re-selection and publish the name list of prized works and selected works.
May 14 2009: Opening ceremony
Address for receiving submitted works:
Organizing Committee Office
2009 Guanlan International Print Biennial,
Guanlan Print Original Industry Base (Dashuitian, Niuhu),
Contact Person: Zhao Jiachun E-mail: email@example.com
Website of Guanlan print :www.guanlanprints.com/
Posted by Aine Scannell at 22:44