Sunday 18 October 2009

Introductory Printmaking Course at FDPW (September 2009)




Probably seems like ages ago now but it was only a few weeks ago that Colin Beaumont (tutor)  and six students completed the "Introduction to Print Making" course, at Fife Dunfermline Print Workshop over the span of four Saturdays.

Tatiana Campbell ( FDPW member) arranged with Colin, to go along on their final Saturday and document their activities.  I know from teaching courses and workshops myself, that it is extremely difficult to take photographs of the 'course' when you are the teacher !!    So I just wish that I had had the luxury of someone like T, to assist me in this.




Here you can see Colin, in the workshop, with a participant.  They  appear to be discussing something that has just gone through the etching press.  I must say she looks really pleased!!




On the course they did relief and intaglio.  They were making collagraphs on the final day and  made some very nice pieces.  If you want to see more check out Colins new website.

No comments:

Post a Comment