Tuesday 3 November 2009

Exhibit at Torpedo Factory Art Centre Dec 2009



This is an exhibition "quickie",  as well as easy. These things are good to do if you just feel in the mood to do some little print works (postcard size). 





Maybe if you haven't shown in a while or if you could do with  adding some shows to your  CV.
If you send one postcard it will cost you 10 dollars (US).    When I have previously submitted prints to exhibitions biennial type events -  I never send cash through my bank because it costs £25.00 to do that kind of transaction,  which I think is utterly EXTORTIONATE   in the context of current electronic communications.


Whereas,  Paypal,  hardly costs anything at all which is something that I wish all of these exhibition 'hosts' would get together.   I'ts not that difficult (duh)  I have taken the step I might add, of suggesting this to some of them
I usually order foreign currency of the country involved and then enclose it in the envelope.  I know there's always a first time...............  but so far (and thats after a fair few years)  - it's usually been OK.
Anyway the torpedo factory is a place based in Alexandria in Virginia.

Please note  the image above is by Laura Huff from the torpedo factory print workshop.
Here's the blurb:


 Going Postal - 2009 Postcard Show
Exhibition Dates: December 3 - December 6, 2009.
Reception: December 3, during TFAC Holiday Open House

Going Postal is a fun 3-day exhibition open to ALL artists with the stipulation that the work must be original art, based on the 4x6” postcard format (Unframed).

 Entry fee is $10 per artwork or 3 for $25, which guarantees entry into the show. 

Download a prospectus for complete details and entry form.

Deadline for Entry (artwork & entry form must be in the gallery): December 1st


For more info go to
http://www.torpedofactory.org/galleries/targetcallforentry.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment